Flood Elevation Certificates
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Flood Elevation Certificates

I need a flood elevation certificate for my property

You would need to contact a private professional surveyor to do this.

A list of Private Land Surveyor's and Civil Engineers can be found at the link below

Private Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers.pdf

The Marion County Surveyor's Office cannot recommend any one company over another.

If you are a private surveying or engineering company and would like to be included in this list, please let us know.

Additional Resources

For more information on the National Flood Insurance Program visit FEMA's FloodSmart.Gov website.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of Water is another useful resource.

DNR: Division of Water Website
Floodplain Information Portal (GIS)

The FEMA website can be used to create a "FIRMette" for the area in question.

A FIRMette is an official FEMA Flood Map which can be printed directly from the FEMA website by using the Map Service Center.

FEMA Map Service Center


For more information about the current Flood Maps for an area in Indiana, please see FEMA website page for Community Status Book Report here -

Community Status Book Indiana

How can I get information/copy of flood elevation certificate?

The Department of Business and Neighborhood Services is the only City Agency which may have Elevation Certificates on file if it was a requirement to obtain an improvement location permit.
You can contact the Department located at 1200 Madison Avenue, Suite 100 Indianapolis IN 46225, calling 317-327-8583 or send an email request to:  row@indy.gov