Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I pay a cash bond or percent bond?

Bonds can be paid at either of the following locations:

Marion County Criminal Clerk's Office
City-County Building, 200 E. Washington Street, Room W-123, Indianapolis
Hours of Operation: 8AM-4:00PM, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)

Other fines and fees can also be paid at this location.

Arrestee Processing Center
752 E. Market Street, Indianapolis
Hours of Operation:

Hours Sunday ​Monday Tuesday ​Wednesday ​Thursday Friday Saturday
​12A-4P ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open
​4A-6A ​Open ​Open ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Open
​6A-7A ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed
​7A-4P ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open
​4P-6P ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Closed ​Open ​Open
​7P-12A ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open ​Open

What types of payments do you accept?

You can post bonds with cash, money order, cashier's check, credit/debit cards. There is a nominal processing fee when using a credit/debit card. Our office does not accept personal checks.

If I bond someone out of jail and charges are not filed will I get my money back?

No, unless ordered by a Judge.

May a bail agent post any type of bond if I cannot make it to the Clerk’s Office?

Yes, a licensed bail agent may post any type of bond. However, if any portion of the bond is refunded, it will go to the bail agent who posted the refundable portion of the bond.

Can I bond myself out of jail?

No.  Another person must sign a document and take responsibility for you to appear in court.

How long will it take for a person to be released once they are bonded out?

The release time depends on the location where the person is being detained. If a person is held at the Arrestee Processing Center, it usually takes a few hours. At the Community Corrections of America site (also known as Jail 2) it will take about two to three hours to release someone. An individual detained at the Marion County Jail is typically released in about four hours. Of course, every situation is different and these times may not reflect your experience.

Where do I apply for a bond refund?

The court of record.

Where do I obtain a search warrant copy?

In Room E-477 of the City-County Building.

Where do I return a search warrant?

The court of record.