Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


​The cost for our staff to photocopy a court record is $1 per page. A certified copy, meaning the court certifies the document is a copy of the original court record, is $2 per page.

Where to Request Copies in Person

  • Current Civil Cases: Visit the Clerk’s Office located on the first floor of the City-County Building in room W-122 and ask for a copy clerk.
  • Closed Civil and Criminal Cases: Most can be found by visiting our Old Records Department located at 1330 South Madison Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46225. Some case files may still be in their court room inside the City-County Building.
  • Current Criminal Cases: Visit the court of record.
  • Marriage Licenses: Visit our office located on the first floor of the City-County Building in room W-122 and speak to our staff at the marriage license desk. They may re-direct you to the Records division depending on the date of your marriage.
  • Divorces: Visit the copy clerk located on the first floor of the City-County Building in room W-122 during regular business hours.
  • Probate: Visit Probate Court in room 1741 located on the seventeenth floor of the City-County Building.
  • Child Support: Visit the Child Support division in room W-123 of the City-County Building. Please note our staff can only provide payment histories to the parties on record and you must present ID. For copies of the case file, you must visit the court of record if the case is still active or the records division if the case is closed.
  • Juvenile Records: Visit Juvenile Court located at 25th Street and Keystone Avenue.  You must be a party of record and present ID to view case files due to their confidential nature. No information will be released over the phone or by mail concerning pending actions, motions filed, payments received, fees owed, or restitution due or paid.
  • Traffic: Visit Traffic Court located at 8115 East Washington Street during regular business hours and speak to court staff for copies of your case file or traffic ticket.
  • Small Claims Court: The Clerk’s Office does not support the Small Claims Court. You will need to contact their court directly.

How to Request Copies by Mail

Visit our online forms section to download forms and instructions to request copies by mail, including divorce decrees and marriage records.

Online Information

Information on court cases can be found on the site. To search, pay, and apply for city services such as pay a traffic ticket, property searches, or police reports, please view the City's payment portal at

Didn’t find the information you need? Call our office at (317) 327-4740 from 8AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday or send us an email.